Facebook Messenger Instant Replies
Instant Replies are messages sent automatically as your Facebook Page’s first response to new messages. For example, you can use your Instant Reply message to let customers know that you’ll get back to them soon or to thank them for contacting your Page.
To turn on Instant Replies for your Page:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Click Messaging in the left column
- Below Send Instant Replies to anyone who messages your Page, click to select Yes
- To change your instant reply message, click Change,
- Log into your Leadcatcher account and select your chatbot URL. Find out more about that here.
- You can use a service like bit.ly to shorten your Leadcatcher URL, giving you more characters to personalise your message.
- Update the message and click Save
Note: Instant Replies aren’t sent when your Page’s messaging status is set to Away and aren’t included in your Page’s response rate or response time.
It’s a good idea to set an expectation of when you’ll be in touch e.g. “Thank you for your message, a member of our team will be in touch within 24 hours. Please note this inbox is not manned continuously after 6pm or at weekends. Please chat to us more at (your Leadcatcher URL)”